Tile and Grout Cleaning TipsIn Winter on April 19, 2017 at 3:25 pm | Written by greenadmin
While tile is beautiful, durable, and typically easy to clean, grout can be another story. Its porous nature and location tend to make it a bit more of a challenge to maintain. Check out these handy tips to make the task a bit less painful!
Mild Soap and Warm Water
Mild soap and warm water will always be your best friends when it comes to spots and spills on tile and grout. It’s not always necessary to pluck a cleaning product off the shelf for the care of your hard surfaces, as these products can cause build-up and start to deteriorate the surface and grout lines around it.
Soap and water make for gentle and effective cleaning agents, and best of all they’re affordable.
Avoided Added Shine
Don’t use products that say that they’ll add shine to your surfaces. These products contain wax-like substances, and the wax will build up over time on your surface, giving it a dark and dingy appearance. The wax would need to be completely stripped away in order to restore your surface to it’s natural, beautiful appearance.
Need your Tile and Grout Professional Cleaned?
Request a Quote or Give us a Call Today (630) 231-9997!
- Once a week: Sweep your floors regularly to remove loose dirt.
- Always: Use door mats outside each entrance to your home or business so that sand, grit, oil, asphalt, and driveway sealant won’t make a mess of your floor.
- Regularly: Wipe down your counter tops with mild soap and water to prevent build-up.
- Promptly: Wipe up any spills on your hard surfaces to prevent stains or scratches.
- Occasionally: Mop your floors with a neutral cleaner. Make sure your cleaner is mild and that you don’t use any more than the recommended amount, as it may leave a dull film on your surface.