How to Remove Paint from CarpetIn Winter on December 15, 2017 at 9:33 pm | Written by greenadmin
How to Remove Paint from Carpet
There are very good chances to stain your carpet when you live with children. It can be very overwhelming to have those spots on the carpet. Sometimes stains can be hard to remove.
It is not difficult to remove those stains, here are some useful tips for your carpet:
1. Always avoid using chemical on the carpet because there is always the risk of staining the carpet, testing before use is recommended.
2. Two most important things to inspect before getting started are if the paint is wet or dry or what kind of a paint it is (water-based paint (the easiest to remove), acrylic paint, latex paint or oil based paint (the most difficult to remove
3. There are some ways you can use to remove a different kind of paints from the carpet
- Wet Paint – If you encounter the wet paint on the carpet use a dry cloth and blot the stain and avoid rubbing.
- Dry Paint – If the pain is dry the finest way to remove the stain is by using the hot water with some addition of the detergent (mild soap). This will help to soften the paint and once its unstiffen use the knife and remove it gently.
- Acrylic Paint – Use a dry paper with glycerin on the paint spill. Glycerin is one of the best solvents.
- Latex Paint – latex paint is a liquid based paint that can be removed by using water mixed with one teaspoon of neutral detergent. Oil Based Paint – Oil paint is the most challenging type of paint to remove from carpet. You will need a strong cleaning agent such as WD-40. (By the way, WD-40 is a great miracle product to have on hand as it can be used for a lot of problems around the house. Also, you’ll want to have a putty knife on handy and maybe even a razor blade or other sharp knife and a tweezer.
Related link: Tips to clean your house
These are some time of carpet damages you can encounter. Regardless of the paint, you use.
Request a Quote or Call (630) 231-9997 Today!
Green T technicians are trained to remove hard stain spots of all types from any surface and guarantee no returning problem areas. Green T also does upholstery cleaning and area rug cleaning. Contact the professionals at Green T today or call 630-231-9997 to schedule your appointment.
Related link : 15 TIPS TO CLEAN FASTER
Picture source: PinterestComment »