It’s that time of year again – spring! Spring is the perfect time to deep clean and organize your home to get a fresh start. We’ve compiled a few special tips for your spring cleaning list.
- Deep clean carpets, rugs, and upholstery – These porous materials around your home have soaked up a winter’s worth of dust, germs, dirt, pet dander, body oil, and other substances, which can retain smells and leave discoloration. You could rent a shampooer and do the work yourself of simply call professionals. Get your carpets and upholstery professionally cleaned by Green T for the safest, fastest, cleaning process.
- Clean your ceiling fans with a vacuum attachment – Fan blades need regular cleaning, but spring is an excellent reminder for those who don’t always have time to vacuum off extra dust and debris. Vacuuming prevents the dust from falling on other surfaces and leaving a bigger mess. While you’re working on your fan, make sure to switch the direction your fan moves; it should move counterclockwise in the summer to blow cool air down and clockwise in the winter to redistribute warm air from the top of the home downwards.
- Clean windows with rubber squeegees – Paper towels can leave fibers over your freshly cleaned windows. Using a squeegee dipped in a bucket of water/dish soap solution to leave your windows sparkling. Dry with a soft cloth if needed.
- Fluff your drapes with the dryer – If your drapes are looking wrinkled, flat, and lifeless, run them through the air-dry cycle in your dryer for 10 – 15 minutes to spruce them up again.
- Stock up on the vinegar – Vinegar can be used as a powerful cleaning agent in your home. Using a mixture of 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water is a great cleaning solution for laminate floors, windows, mirrors, and other smooth surfaces of the home.
Did we miss your favorite tip? Leave a comment and let us know!